Wednesday 6 April 2016

"Giving Us A Bad Name"

You call yourself Proletarian Poetry
Nothing wrong with that
An entertaining night at the Poetry Library
Selling your books not tat.
I'm proper working class old fashioned
Never rob off your own
So I'm proper shocked and stunned
Sat on the 176 bus home.
I just had enough money on me
To buy two books for thirteen nicker
I blame myself for not realising you ripped me off
I wish I'd spotted it quicker.
The total cost on the back
Was twelve pounds ninety eight
Where's my fucking tuppence
I've been conned but it's too late!
I really shouldn't begrudge it
There's no money in poetry to be made
Unless you round everything up by a penny
So you thieving bastards well played!

Dulwich Poet 6th April 2016

(I went to an event at the Poetry Library, about working class poets, bought two of their books....and was overcharged!)

No comments:

Post a Comment