Tuesday 17 July 2018

"Altona Haiku"

Football's Coming home
But not as you all know it
Eighteen Ninety Three

Universal game
Altona Dulwich Hamlet
Special bond of love

Chance meeting in snow
Hearts melt all over Europe
Magical weekend

Zines and groundhopping
Uniting our football fans
Jager und Kail-JA!

Can't draw for toffee
Poetry is from the heart
Altona engraved

Wearing a false crown
Mask modestly hides hard work
Football's chalk and cheese.

Dulwich Poet 18th July 2018

(Dulwich Hamlet Football Club have had a special pre-season tour to Hamburg, culminating in a special game against our good friends from Altona 93. One of their supporters produced a fanzine, with half a blank cover, for the occasion. The idea being that you copy it and send him your entry for an artistic competition. I can't draw, my 'art' is through my poems, so I thought I'd write some 'haiku' to scribble on the cover of mine to send him...)

No comments:

Post a Comment