Sunday 4 May 2014

"Lonely Journey"

Here I am
Sat on a bus
Going to nowhere.
Without a care...
Except when
I start to think
Which causes me to blink
Attempting to
Hold back a tear
Which isn't there.
A sunny Sunday
Followed by a
Bank Holiday tomorrow.

Best laid plans
And all that
The New Den
Millwall Lionesses
But only because
Crystal Palace Ladies
versus Old Actonians
At the National Sports Centre
Was a 'double header'
And I have no idea
Whether to record that
As one game or two.
So it was Millwall-Plan B.
Scuppered!
By engineering works
Meaning no trains
Which explains
Why I'm on a
176 bus
Going to nowhere
Where I'll jump off at
Trafalagar Square
Where I shall sit
Alone, confused, content
Full of self pity
In a calm mood
While feeling shitty.
Comfort shopping
Popping...
Into a bookshop for
A 'one handed' read
To fulfil my
Sexual need
Before heading for
The South Bank
Combining the Poetry Library
With a toilet wank
Before getting back
On my bus
That will take me home
To my solitary life
That is going nowhere.

Dulwich Poet 4th May 2014

(This one sums up how I do nothing with my life, a Sunday when I just got out of the house for something to do, deciding to go to a womens football match, but not getting there. Instead just going up town, before going home)

No comments:

Post a Comment