Wednesday 11 March 2015

"Every Lidl Helps"

Who ever would have thought it
Lidl's going all posh
Now I'm searching for my bargains
Next to the middle classes buying their nosh.
Not that I don't mind fancy stuff
Large lasagne at two pound sixty nine
But for me lah-di-dah cuisine
Is quails egs andfancy wine.
Have you ever noticed
Why Waitrose never has a Lidl next door
So fuck off back to where you come from
And leave us in our shops for the poor!
Is it reverse snobbery
Am I as bad as some of them?
People should be able to shop where they like
Is it really for me to condemn?
Yes...it bloody well is
When I'm the topic of their dinner party
How they their shoulders with the poor
Our High Street illuminati.
They can't believe they didn't find us earlier
The quality and the price are so good
In fact this stuff is wasted
On those oiks who live in the hood.
Believe me if it wasn't for necessity
With Pepsi Max being a pound a bottle
There'd be murder down my local Lidl
'Cos some of these posh cunts I'd love to throttle!

Dulwich Poet 11th March 2015

(I wrote this after getting a glossy booklet filled with 'osh stuff', clearly aimed at the more affluent middle class market, was produced by the cheap & basic supermarket chain Lidl, of which I use my local beanch regularly)

No comments:

Post a Comment