Monday 28 September 2015

"Still Got It"

I'm on this train contented
Scribbling with my pen
I've been neglecting my poetry
And now I'm starting again.
No idea if it's any good
Just something I like to do
There's nothing more that calms me inside
Than starting one anew.
They say one if four are mental
At some stage of their life
I don't or care if that applies to me
But poetry helps me deal with life.
Now I'm getting older
I no longer care for much at all
I use poetry as my 'personal therapy'
Which ain't such a bad call.
There's this myth about poetry
It's only for the educated and posh
Well if you've ever met me
You'll know that's a load of tosh.
Ant Tom, Dick or Harry can write it
Doesn't matter if it's any good
What do you think all that rapping is
From inner city working class youth in the hood?
Don't be scared of poetry
It's not going to bite you on the arse
Poetry's for EVERYONE
Even if you were the dunce of the class.
Putting your thoughts down on paper
It's what I do for myself
The bonus is it keeps me sane
And improves my mental health.

Dulwich Poet 28th September 2015


( I've been going through quite a phase where I've not have the time, energy, whatever to be writing poetry...this is a short one about that...after I'd done one or two in the last couple of days.)

No comments:

Post a Comment