Friday 4 September 2015

"Time To Be Counted"

Don't get me wrong I love the 'New-veaus'
But this is becoming a farce
So much sitting on the fence
Heads up your own arse.
Acting like turkeys voting for Christmas
Despite what's being handed on a plate
Do they really not realise
What could be our fate?
No new ground means oblivion
And almost certain death
Even though it might be lingering 
It will result in the last breath.
A new modern ground on offer
With an all-purpose 3G pitch
Yet all you seem to want to do
Is nit-pick and snitch.
Being offered full supporter ownership
Handed on that plate
But you're too busy quibbling
About the lease and expiry date.
Can't you see what we could have
A sign with 'Fan Owned' on the door 
Yet all you do is hold out
Making excuses for more.
It's like a game of poker
Who will hold their nerve
Well if I were the owners
I'd give the Trust a swerve.
It's time to stand together
In public arm and arm
In favour of the stadium
As opponents try to cause alarm.
Unbelievably there's some who think a 'Plan B'
Is something that might come in play
If all else fails staying at the current ground
But there will be hell to pay.
Some even say we could 'downsize'
I've heard it with my very own ears
And that was when I was sober
I wouldn't have believed it after a few beers.
It's time for fans to get organised
Stand up and make stand
Campaign openly for the new place
And reclaim 'Pa' Wilson's land!

Dulwich Poet 4th September 2015

(This one is written out of sheer frustration...it's the policy of our Supporters Trust board, of which I was elected to in the summer, NOT to express public support for the development of a new stadium, which I totally believe will save the Club and ensure we have a future...)

No comments:

Post a Comment