Saturday 22 July 2017

"Death With Dignity"

I don't know you little boy
But the world loves Charlie Gard
Take away the emotion
The decision's not really hard.
Sometimes you got to be 'cruel'
Cruel to be kind
Isn't it best to end it naturally
Surely I'm not out of my mind?
I don't care what they say
He's barely human in a shell
Never mind letting him die
You condemn him to living hell.
I'm not an evil monster
It's just the right thing to do
Let hin go quickly
Not parade him like in a zoo.
The Pope sticks his oar in
As if Great Ormond Street's a third world quack
Like he can offer something in Rome
That the best in world clearly lack.
Rather than interfering
Why does his God let this happen at all
What dodgy deity is it
That allows suffering in one so small?
All this dragged on pain
Wants to make me cry
For the little mite Charlie Gard
Who should be left in peace to die.

Dulwich Poet 22nd July 2017

(This is in response to the sad on-going court battle between Great Ormond Street Hospital & the parents of severely ill and soon to die young baby Charlie Gard)

No comments:

Post a Comment