Tuesday 23 January 2018

"What Way Will The Dice Roll"

I'm scared of the future
Scared of what it will hold
In truth I'm scared for myself
If the truth be told.
I've supported Dulwich Hamlet
44 years man and boy
All to be chucked away
A property developer's discarded toy.
How will I react
Only time will tell
Will I kill those responsible
Rest of my life in a cell?
Who will I do first
My spree will have to be short
There will only be so much time
Before I inevitably get caught.
One thing for sure
Whoever I may blame
If I'm strong enough to do it
My life will never be the same.
It won't happen overnight
Need to have a plan of attack
It's quite a list in my head
So if you read this watch your back!
If I deem you one of those responsible
For taking my Club down
I am going to be gunning for you
When I go to town.
When the crunch comes to the crunch
Will I follow it through?
I will only know when it happens
If it's the right thing to do.
Prison terrifies me
For whatever sentence I get
But part of me feels it's inevitable
The die is already set.
If there's no Dulwich Hamlet
Will it work out for the good
A final stab at 'normality'
If only I could.
I love delving into the archives
Of the 'South London Press'
Could writing about local history
Get me out of my potential mess?
Concentrate on my poetry
The thing that clears my head
Is that the alternative
To lying on a prison bed?
Plenty of places to travel
Grounds I want to tick
Are my last few years worth wasting
Because of some Meadow Residential prick?
My emotions are daily doolally
All over the fucking place
The only thing I know at the moment
Is there's a fine line between normal & a basket case.


Dulwich Poet 23rd January 2018

(The football club I support, Dulwich Hamlet, may not even exist next season, killed off by the property developers who own our ground, and were in effect, running the Club, until their planning permission was turned down. In all honesty I have no idea what the future holds, or how I will react if The Hamlet vanish...)

No comments:

Post a Comment