Wednesday 24 February 2016

"Show Me The Way To Go Home"

I'm on my way to Gatwick
Easyjet in the air
Always my carrier of choice
Mainly for the fare.
Not so keen on the 'trolly dollies'
Prefer the young lads in the aisle
Not they notice me
Don't even get a smile.
Returning from Hamburg
I needed that break
Sadly the Altona game was off
So this time was a mistake.
The weather wasn't perfect
A mix of cold and wet
Not that it really mattered
Not a cause to fret.
Soon it's back to the 'same old...'
Worry and no belief
It's a times like this I think of  the future
My lack of confidence underneath.
It's the same old story with me
Need to sort myself out
Believe in all my good things
Banish my self-doubt.
I need to set myself targets
Just one step at a time
Not overwhelmed by negativity
And maybe it will turn out fine.
No idea what I'm looking for
Wouldn't know where to begin
Perhaps sort my flat out
So it's fit to invite a friend in.
Slowly, slowly, slowly
I've got to get out of this rut
Otherwise I've got no future except
In a coffin with the lid shut.
Now I'm getting older
I'm not sure I want to die
But I feel I've not long left to live
And not adverse to giving it a try.
There's only a couple of years to go
Until I'm totally out of debt
And that's when I want to fly more
Thanks to Easyjet.
I'm not sure how to set my goals
Or what I want to attain
Is it too much to want normality
Rather than think I'm insane?

Dulwich Poet 24th February 2016

(I wrote this on the plane, flying home from Hamburg to London...it's, as you can guess, about me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment