Wednesday 27 December 2017

He's Alive!"

I was on a bus this morning
Started to scribble something down
What a fuss over nothing
I feel a bit of a clown...
The only problem is
That isn't entirely true
I was genuinely fearful
And did what I had to do.
Hand on heart I'm a bit shocked
By how much I care
He's a good mate and all that
So much love is there.
Sharing my worries with mates
Desperately trying to cope
And there was pessimistic me
Practically giving up hope.
I know we've argued down the years
But also had such fun
In truth I don't have many friends
When all is said and done.
Emotions all over the place
Thinking your mate's done himself in
Expecting to identify a body
Not knowing if he had a next-of-kin.
I got a bell on the way down at Dartford
He will Old Bill & the Crisis team
Honest mate if you'd have seen me
You'd have been amazed by my beam!
I know you won't believe me
Blame emotions still raw
But know you were alive
Was better than beating t****g the day before!
I can't pretend to understand your illness
To me it looks as there's not much wrong
All I can tell you is to hang on in there
Old Skool love be strong!

Dulwich Poet 27th December 2017

(This is a 'follow-on' poem, after I heard a god friend of mine had not attempted to kill himself...)

No comments:

Post a Comment