Saturday 12 January 2013

"Well Deserved"

A flip flop’s a beach shoe on my feet
Not a second home used to cheat
Who would think of a home for gain
Let the train take the strain!
There they go cap in hand
And never claiming the basic brand!
Maybe I’m jealous as I have no moat
Is it MY greed that gets my goat?
Some get rumbled politics career dead
Conveniently mental in the head
It could be genuine, not a recent feat
Don’t think it would work for a benefits cheat.
Teachers, tube drivers…driven by greed
Unlike MPs who are really in need
They’re not out of touch, is what they bleat
Blame the poor man in the street!
Westminster after a 32 per cent rise
On top of their Parliamentary salary prize
No wonder they set their own wage deals
They clearly know how poverty feels.
I’m not well paid but I’m not poor
Crap money is a supermarket floor
There’s nothing wrong to aspire
A living wage a little higher
More power to the railway workers
I’ve never call them a bunch of shirkers
For without their trade union power
It’s minimum wage every hour.
I’d love to be in this together
Not have to worry about cold weather
But I’m not an Eton millionaire toff
So the Tory bastards can fuck off!

Dulwich Poet- 12th January 2013

(Members of Parliament wanted to give themselves a huge increase in salary, while closing the front desks of police stations, among many other public cuts. )

No comments:

Post a Comment