Monday 18 August 2014

"Take It For Granted..."

How can you reconcile
Wrong from right
When you're on the bus
Having a fight?
Inside I'm simmering angry
Cos you were in my face
Deep down I know
There's a time and place.
I accept you were drunk
But you were a total shit
Am I trying to vindicate
Why you got hit?
I offered my hand
Trying to calm things down
But you threw it back in my face
Acting like a clown.
I'm not proud of what I did
Throwing a punch
But it's what you deserved
When it comes to the crunch.
In total honesty
I'm surprised it doesn't occur more
That's what happens to arseholes
You know the score.
You said you were joking
Leaning into my boat
Believe me, Grant
That's what got on my goat.
Shouting and spluttering
You were rather drunk
Giving it large
Like a common garden gnome punk.
I know what I should have done:
Sat down on the coach
But that wasn't going to happen
With your arsehole approach.
Maybe I should know better
As I no longer drink
But sometimes red mist comes down
There's no time to think.
Even though I've no shame
You got what you deserve
I must keep it in check
Life's still a learning curve.
I'm middle aged noe
Shouldn't be giving anyone a slap
'Cos deep down I know
I'm too old for that crap.
That's not to say
It won't happen next time
Despite you bleating assault
And me committing a crime.
For next time you get lairy
I'll make sure you get done
When no-one is looking
In a 'private' one-to-one.

Dulwich Poet 18th August 2014

(Another fan pushed me too far, and we had a bit of a 'disagreement' after getting back on the Supporters Coach at Leiston on Saturday...)Deep down I know I wasn't right to have a pop, but in terms of who was to blame, without a doubt the other person was far more in the wrong, as far as I am concerned. Actually a brief 'fuss over nothing', if truth be told)

No comments:

Post a Comment