Friday 15 July 2016

"Bollocks!"

The trouble with my poetry
Is trying to find the time
I have the ideas in my head
The problem's not the rhyme.
I love what I am doing
It's what keeps me sane
Simply put it's what I enjoy
Though I have to keep it plain.
right now I've got the right hump
Sat on the bus to work
I've left a notebook at home
And feel a total berk.
I'd almost composed two new ones
Which are in that pad
Was planning to read them here
Now I'm feeling bad.
It's 'Paper Tiger' poetry
For which I probably won't show
Even though I love Open Mic
I'm leaning to a 'no show'.
Maybe as the day wears on
I'll be in a better frame of mind
With plenty of other material to share
That won't be hard to find.
You may wonder why I'm writing this
Well it's my 'therapy' to calm me down
It's not intellectual or insightful
I've never worn a mortar or gown.
But poetry's something I can do
It's my little 'escape'
A way of making me feel good
'Proper' poets I try to ape.
When I started scribbling
I was going to give tonight a miss
But that would only make me feel bad
Out of myself I'd take the piss.
Which is why I'm reading right now
In a room full of you lot
Pretending to be a poetic Paper Tiger
Giving it all I've got.

Dulwich Poet 15th July 2016

( I had a couple of almost finished poems, which I planned to read at the 'Paper Tiger' Open Mic poetry evening. On the bus to work I realsied I'd left my notebook at home, which really annoyed me... I wrote this on the bus, to calm myself down...& finished it later in the day)

No comments:

Post a Comment