Sunday 5 November 2017

"Lost"

The Metro I could cope with
Getting around without much fuss
But it was so confusing
Sorting a tram line from a bus.
Usually I'm fine
I can deal with this travelling lark
But Budapest left me baffled
Especially in the dark.
Street name were confusing
Weird Hungarian babble
If only real place were allowed
They'd be brilliant in Scrabble.
I gave up trying to find the ice hockey
I didn't know my 'utca' from my arse
It wasn't worth getting wound up about
Just had to let it pass.
I was partly to blame
My research wasn't rally thorough
To be totally honest
I could've been in a different area or borough.
But that's the beauty of 'Bill-no-Mates'
Getting lost only annoys myself
Winding yourself up on holiday
Isn't good for your health.
So I missed out on Hungarian hockey
Hardly what I'd call a crime
And it gives me something to look forward to
When I come back next time.

Dulwich Poet 5th November 2017

(When I was in Budapest recently, I couldn't quite get to grips with the public transport system & street names & got lost several times)

No comments:

Post a Comment