Saturday 29 March 2014

"Food Inglorious Food!"

Today was
Saturday morning.
With the 'luxury'
Of it being
My day off.
Tin of baked beans
With spicy Spanish chorizo
Accompanied by two
Greasy fried eggs
For my breakfast scoff.
Post-match boardroom
Food I don't touch
But it's free and I'm hungry
Thank you very much.
Some sort of curry and rice
A tad too much spice
But none the less
Surprisingly nice.
Homeward bound
Saving a pound
The reductions aisle
Making me smile
Two small pork pies
And mini savoury eggs
In a pack of twenty
Nibbling on the train home
Junk food aplenty.
When I finally get home
I'll be too lazy to cook
For more culinary crap
In the cupboard I'll look.
Some crisps of my favourite flavour
Walkers Worcester sauce
Is all I will have
For my evening main course.
And that's the reason
I'm so overweight
Handing myself an early death
On a junk food plate.

Dulwich Poet 29th March 2014

(I wrote this on the way home, I know I don't have a balanced diet, and this one sort of proves it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment