Wednesday 20 January 2016

"Silly Billy"

Wherever I go
Which way I look
There’s this chap Bill
All over Facebook.
He’s telling me this
He’s telling me that
But I’m not listening Bill
You’re just a cartoon prat.
I don’t know you
You don’t know me
Yet when I log on
You’re all I can see.
So go away Bill
Give it a rest
Terrace time travel
That’s what I want best.
Back to the Seventies
It will make him chill
All of us chanting
"Kill, kill…kill the Bill"!
If only….

Dulwich Poet 20th January 2016

(There’s this stick drawing character called Bill, who seems to be popping up on loads of Facebook statuses at the moment. I wrote this after a poetry friend shared her poem called ‘This is Bill’:
Bill uses Facebook.
Bill likes to tell other people what they should and should not post.
Bill is not smart.
He's a snotty, judgemental wanker.
Don't be like Bill.
)

No comments:

Post a Comment