Saturday 2 January 2016

"Six Pointer"



Call me silly
Call me a fool 
I'm as nervous as
My first day at school.
Because if we win
I live for days like these
It’s not like Harrow or Hendon
That’s chalk and cheese.
We’ve had a couple of good wins
A statement of intent
Three points at Tonbridge Angels
Will be heaven sent.
The spirit of Edgar Kail
Looking down from above
As always guiding Gavin
The genuis who’s the Guv.
Second half of the season
It’s up an running
Which team will be the first to choke?
Who will be more cunning?
New-veau fans saying it’s great to be top
But in reality we ain’t
Other teams can catch us
In my mind the title’s faint.
It’s going to be a long four months til April
As we all jostle for top spot
Maybe, just maybe, it will be us
If we give it all we’ve got.

Dulwich Poet 2nd January 2016



(Dulwich Hamlet are away to one of our title challengers Tonbridge Angels. I wrote this on the way to the match. We actually drew 1-1, they equalised in the last minute. Taking off my ‘Pink & Blue tinted glasses’..it was a fair result.)

No comments:

Post a Comment