Tuesday 8 July 2014

"Dirty Old Man"

You should've stuck to
Tying kangeroos down for sport
Instead of abusing young girls
Before you were finally caught.
I can't believe people think
You're hard done by
Because of your age
Such misguided bullshit
Fills me with rage.
As far as I'm concerned
You should rot in hell
Failing that
It will have to be a cell.
I've heard folk
On the radio wail
'Poor old Rolf Harris
He will die in jail'.
What about the living dead
The innoncents he touched up
And raped in his bed?
As it stands
He'll be on the numbers wing
With all the other nonces
Safe with the protection that brings.
I've no sympathy
Just because he's old
What he got away with
Leaves me cold.
Hero worship
Through childhood eyes
Adulation shattered
As innocence dies.
A lifetime of comfort
Being a national treasure
Using his celebrity
To abuse at leisure.
It might be a cliche
The standard prison joke
But I'm really hoping
He drops the soap.
Battered and bruised
He'll take it up the arse
And then maybe, finally
He'll contemplate
What he's done wrong at last.

Dulwich Poet 8th July 2014

(Rolf Harris was convicted of various sex crimes against children last week)

No comments:

Post a Comment