Tuesday 22 July 2014

"The Madness of Prince George"

Palestinian children dying
Israeli bombs rain down
Yet all some people are interested in
Is our gorgeous heir to the crown.
Innocent Dutch babies
Blown up way above Ukraine
But all some of you seem to want
Is that boy from the royal gravy train.
Soak up that four page special
Just because Prince George learnt to walk
I dread to think the overkill
Once he starts to talk.
They say his mum's a commoner
Almost like you and me
Well give or take a million or two
The perks of royalty.
She'll try to pretend she's normal
By taking her kids to Maccie Dees;
Pretending she's not the sponging class
All on on tax-paying fees.
Go and copy Diana
It's all a waste of money farce
Let's a phoenix from the flames
With a car in a French underpass.
Back to George and that 'cute' smile
Gurn hiding the silver spoon.
Baby grin funded by me
Don't expect me to swoon.
The only 'Silver Spoon' I like
Is sugar in cups of tea
Roll on the revolution
Causing the House of Windsor to flee.
As my pen hits the paper
My thoughts begin to flower
Fingers crossed there's no 'poetry spies'
Who will send me to the Tower.
All I can do is be honest
Sharing my thoughts in verse
Reading out loud with Buck House guests
Hoping it's not a curse.
Being a king needn't be bad
If you go back in the past
Even if you're like me
And don't want the monarchy to last.
There's one royal I've admired
That ancient King Herod chap
Where are you when we need you
To wipe Georgie off the map?
No more sychophanting
End this sickening fawn
Time to turn back history
And sacrifice their first born.

Dulwich Poet 22nd July 2014

(I wrote this after seeing one too many photo of Prince George, the one-year-old royal parasite 'celebrating' his first birthday...)

No comments:

Post a Comment