Friday 21 October 2016

"Getting What You Pay For"

All ready for boarding
Queuing at the gate
Mutter, mutter have a moan
Looks like we're going to be late.
The chattering classes all around me
Having a bit of a grumble
In that irritating polite British way
Mumble constant mumble.
Well you get what you pay for
Complaining won't get you there quicker
And really what on earth do you expect
When the ticket cost less than thirty nicker!
At that price we're going on a plane
Taking us over the North Sea
I don't think half an hour's delay
Will really inconvenience me.
Last night I was held up longer
Going from Denmark Hill to Crofton Park
If you think this is something to gripe about
You're having a fucking lark!
Slagging off the airline
Criticising Ryanair
But not too proud or fussy
To pay their bargain fare.
Budget carriers aren't always efficient
But do what it says on the tin
You are getting on my nerves
I want to kick you in the shin.
Moaning middle class tossers
Who can afford to pay more
I want to stuff humble pie down your gob
On behalf of us working class travelling poor.
Thanks to Ryanair and Easyjet
I've made foreign friends while visiting grounds
The only thing I don't like about them
Is that the posh cunts aren't out of bounds.

Dulwich Poet 21st October 2016

( I like budget airlines. It's the people who use them, but constantly moan about them I can't stand)

No comments:

Post a Comment