Friday 21 October 2016

"Just Passing Through"

Farewell little Eindhoven
My stay was brief to say the least
Such is the nature
Of the onward travel beast.
You look all concrete
Modern Holland bland
Best to head up to Amsterdam
And the trip I've got in hand.
I glimpsed a bit of modern art
Out there on the street
In truth I wouldn't have minded a wander
Some of it looked neat.
But I've already explored the town
Way back in two thousand and six
That was on my 40th birthday trip
When a game at PSV was one of my picks.
And when you've done the football
There's no real reason to stay
So I'm on the train & heading north
Tonight I'll watch Volendam play.

Dulwich Poet 21st October 2016

(Today I began a week long trip to Holland. I flew from Stansted to Eindhoven, going straight to the train station from the airport, to get a train to Amsterdam, where I am based)

No comments:

Post a Comment