Friday 6 September 2013

"Confidence Lacker"

Pressure...
Is a cooker.
Pressure...
Is being a soldier facing death every day.
Pressure...
Is coming out to your mates as gay.
Pressure...
Is saving a life on an operating table.
Pressure...
Is being born as Fred, wanting to be Mabel.
Pressure...
Is being a D.J. who's packed the wrong vinyl.
Pressure...
Is taking a penalty in a cup semi-final.
On thing that it's not
Is this panic I've got
That I won't be able to jot
Down the poems I've got
Do my words need some tweaking
Now that I'm publicly speaking?
Putting made up pressure on myself
Will it be good for my health?
The simple answer's don't be a fool
There is no right there is no wrong
This isn't school so let them flow
And if they really are that crap
I'll just be told where to go.
Read on!

Dulwich Poet 5th September 2013

(I'm just starting to read my poems in front of other people. I'm now a bit worried that onece I've read them I won't be able to write any more...)

No comments:

Post a Comment