Saturday 21 September 2013

"Going Home"

The highlight
Of my night
Will be
Quaffing glasses of
Pepsi Max
Two little bottle
Half price
In Lidl.
The retail temple
Of the poor.
As you can see
From the use of
The word 'highlight'
Saturday nights
Are hardly alright for me.
Finish work
Shut at five
Padlocked at quarter past.
Powernap on the bus
To Waterloo
Past the dossers
Walk on sharp
Could have been me
Drunk in a park.
Squeezing between
The middle class crowd
Enjoying their overpriced
World food chow.
I despise them with envy
As I jump in
The singing lift..
Honest, it does
As I get my buzz
Swapping books
At the Poetry Library.
Lottery ticket bought
Writing down my thought
Home by eight
Not too late.
No life, no friends
Just me and my pens
Got to be positive...
Life could be worse
Learnt to express myself
In all kinds of verse.
As James Bond would say
'Tomorrow Is Another Day'!
He might not have said that
Knowing my luck
But, hey...you know what:
I don't give a fuck!

Dulwich Poet 21st September 2013

(I wrote this after my Saturday at work, I suppose to express that I don't have much of a life, but get comfort from writing poetry, or it you don't think it's worthy to be called that, just jotting down my thoughts)

No comments:

Post a Comment