Wednesday 13 February 2013

"Dashing"

Time tick tocking away
Dashing down the road
With Sod’s Law typicality
There’s the bus
That will take me
The two lazy stops I need
To make my ‘appointment’.
Well walk-in clinic actually
Truth be told.

I hate bus drivers.
I gave up as he glided slowly past
Muttering words less than holy.
There he goes, waving at me.
Not to mock, but to get to the stop!
Quick!
The 30 second 30 yard dash!
I’m too old for this.
My carriage awaits.
Panting instead of ranting.
Who would have thought?
Doors open with a smile
“I told you I’d wait”
He knows
I never believed he would.
He’s right.
A friendly bus driver.
Whatever next?

Fat lot of good it did.
Walk-in appointments.
Ten til eleven thirty.
But the sign says
Nobody seen
AFTER eleven fifteen.
My blood test
Can wait
Until next week.

Dulwich Poet- 13th February 2013

(Written after I was dashing to make an appointment at my local health centre, for a blood test, which is advertised as finishing at 11.30am.)

No comments:

Post a Comment