Thursday 7 February 2013

"Oh if only...Danny Boy"


Wow! Where did you come from?
Another branch…making up numbers
Awakening me from my slumbers
Fuck me…well not literally
Well maybe
In my dreams & all that..
But you are drop dead gorgeous.

I know you’re straight and far too young
Not just turned on ‘cos you say you’re well hung
There’s something about you I can’t explain
Each time I see I go insane.
I’ve got a mad crush on you; not that you care
The fact I’m gay is my affair.
We talk football, laugh and a joke
Shame you’re straight you’re my perfect bloke
Make no apologies for how I feel
Even though my head tells me to get real
Whenever I spot you I melt inside
If only I could follow my heart as a guide
I go all gooey with that ‘Ready Brek’ glow
It does my head in, want my feelings to go
But all I own, everything I’m worth
All I possess on planet earth
I’d give it all up if you said “Yes, please”
Shut your eyes, let me drop to my knees.
Sadly I know that will never be
I’ll just have to cope with your work company.

Dulwich Poet- February 2013

(I work with a young man called Danny. He is based at another branch, but came to cover at my workplace in December, & made a bit of an impression on me! We have a laugh & joke, & he knows that I fancy him! I wrote this because it’s a few days until Valentines Day)

No comments:

Post a Comment