Monday 11 February 2013

"No Future"

So what is it like
To lose a loved one
I may be jumping the gun
But I think my Football Club
Is about to expire.
At least-implode!
But I’m totally tied
By the Committee code.
Supposedly-‘what goes on tour
Stays on tour’
As the old saying goes.
That much I can get my head round.
That’s football-honour bound.
But in a committee room?
When it’s all about to go BOOM?!
Could it just be me?
The old terrace drama queen
Living in the century gone;
A dinosaur has been?
We’ve all cried wolf in the past
But the Club has gone on to last
This time though
I fear there’s not long to go.
I know my Club more than most
Fear we’re about to be toast.
Will there be the will to start again
Not just where but also when?
Never mind why and how?
The Trust ‘war chest’ is no cash cow.
There is also a brutal fact
Being selfish…how will I react?
Dulwich Hamlet is my total life
Can I take the pain and strife?
Will this be my excuse to pick up drink
The rest of my life about to sink.


I’ve got nothing without Champion Hill
Would that be enough to make me kill?
No idea what I’d do
My blood pumps Pink and Blue.
Life’s not been perfect
More like fucking shit
Will this over the edge…
Is this really it?

Dulwich Poet- 11th February 2013.

( I am a lifelong supporter of a small non-league club, called Dulwich Hamlet. The future of which, I think, is extrmely uncertain)

No comments:

Post a Comment