Friday 15 February 2013

"Jessops"

Farewell then my dear old friend
Except you weren’t really were you?
We were never really close
You more served a purpose
Rather than anything more intimate.
A ‘marriage of convenience’
So to speak.
Not a loving relationship.
One click and you were gone.
A bit like painting a picture
Or writing a poem
You were decidedly average,
No old master.
Surly in your hurly burly
You had your uses
From chip to disc then home.
Functional simplicity at a price
And a reasonable one at that.
Which suited me. When you
Chose to perform.
I’m used to that
Story of my life
And every picture tells a story.
Like dirty old men on a toilet
You were better than a wank
But nothing special.
So good riddance to you
Even though I will miss you.

Dulwich Poet- 13th February 2013

(The large High Street  camera chain Jessops closed down in January)

(I read this at 'Outsider Performers', part of the Shuffle Festival , which was on the sit of St. Clements Hospital, Bow, E3.)

No comments:

Post a Comment