Tuesday 27 March 2018

"Missing The Bus"

What makes you do it?
What's your desperation?
What horrors have you left behind?
What was your home nation?
They say you're after benefits
They say you want my job
They say you're an economic migrant
They say you're an asylum seeking yob.
I only saw desperation
I saw you crawl out of the boot of my bus
I saw the sadness in your eyes
I saw you create no fuss.
I pitied our coach driver
For the smile he had on his face
I pitied our coach driver
For his lack of humility and grace.
I know nothing about our stowaways
Howe their life has unravelled
Not a clue where they come from
Or how far they have travelled.
What their future holds
I haven't got a clue
But for the sake of a better life
I hope one day they make it through.

Dulwich Poet 27th March 2018

(On the coach back to London from Brussels the driver discovered an illegal in the luggage hold & kicked him out at our first stop. Two others jumped in without him seeing, and they were caught at Calais.)

No comments:

Post a Comment