Tuesday 27 March 2018

"Stationary"

Waiting at Brussels North station
I'm sure there's better places to be
But this is the way I to travel
If it's Europe I want to see.
The coach will take quite a while
Good job I'm not in a hurry
In truth I'd go by train
If it wasn't for financial worry.
Waiting for my London Flixbus
There might be a delay
Some sort of taxi strike in Brussels
Their demo's a price I pay.
In years to come I might save some money
And always travel 'posh' Eurostar
Right now I'm content with snail pace coach
Just the way things in my life are.
At least I'm out and about
Things could be a lot worse
All I'm doing to kill time
Is scribble down this verse.
My life might be shitty
But at least I have some hope
This station full of people in sleeping bags
How on earth do they cope?
But for the grace of the proverbial
That could & should have been me on the street
I'm one of life's lucky ones
Who's hopefully got his addictions beat.
Tonight I'll be back home in London
Enjoyed my short break away
It might not be your idea of a holiday
But it keeps my demons at bay.

Dulwich Poet 27th July 2018

(I simply wrote this one to kill time while waiting for my coach back to London)

No comments:

Post a Comment