Tuesday 27 March 2018

"Putting Your Best Foot Forward"

I've got an ulcer on my foot
When I walk I'm in pain
Yet I'm going to do ten miles to Leatherhead
I'm must be totally insane.
I'm a glutton for punishment
I know I'm a total fool
But in my head it's what I must do
The 'wisdom' of Old Skool.
If I was to see my doctor
He'd say it's a non-starter
When I see him next Tuesday 
He'll have my guts for garter.
I've got to lead by example
The 'Inter City 125' was my baby from the start
We really are too close now
For it all to fall apart.
I'm sure my foot will heal up
With a few days of agony I'll cope
I really have to do this
Otherwise I'll be giving up hope.
Not got a single sponsor
Not stretched out a begging bowl
I've got less than a week to do that
For me to reach my goal.
You may say & I know I'm stupid
But my conscience needs to be clear
I've only got to overcome
My genuine pain factor fear.
Every step I take
Gets us closer to Hamburg in July
When I wracked in agony
I jsut hope you don't see me cry.

Dulwich Poet 27th July 2018

( I have an ongoing problem with foot ulcer, that is currently an open sore. On Monday I am choosing to walk ten miles to raise money for both our Football Club tour in July and for an appeal for defibrillators in parks. In truth I am not looking forward to it...)

No comments:

Post a Comment