Tuesday 17 June 2014

"The N-word"


It really doesn't mean anything
It's just an old fashioned word
Jeremy Clarkson mumbling 'nigger'
Why does it give you the bird?
Well as a 'hold-my-hands-up' ex-racist
A nineteen seventies boy
I wish I was brought up better
Looking back brings no joy.
Using words like 'paki', 'wog' and 'coon'
The N-word and worse
Back then we didn't know about racism
It was just another curse.
As I grew a little older
And my balls began to drop
I woke up to that racist bollocks
And knew it had to stop.
I can't really say sorry
For the stuff we said
It was shamefully the ignorant way
Some of us white working class were bred.
So I'm not going to beg forgiveness
And mumble such crap on camera
But if I hear you using those words
I'm gonna lay one on ya.
It's not about what we said
It's about our actions now
And clarkson's half-hearted defence
Was no anti-racist vow.
He's not much older than me
So be such a fool
Just keep your fucking mouth shut
Or you'll always be a tool.
Apologists say you meant no harm
It's how it was back in time
Well if you really believe that
You're nothing more than slime.
For your saying we can't educate old folk
They can't tell right from wrong
If that 's your best defence
Your arguments not strong.
The only thing Clarkson's sorry for
Is the fact he got caught out
For he's an obnoxious racist dinosaur
Which is not that bad a shout.
And if you're one of his entourage
Who think I'm being a bit unfair
Go fuck off and vote for Farage
Because I really don't care!

Dulwich Poet 17th June 2014

(This is my response to Jeremey Clarkson being caught on film, mumbling the 'n-word' on camera, and then first denying it, then making a hlaf-hearted public apology when he realised it had been captured on film. I used such racist words when I was young, but realised they were unacceptable, nasty and wrong...he has no excuse not to do the same...)

No comments:

Post a Comment