Saturday 14 June 2014

"The Fort is your Castle"

I've just seen a hippie
Holding 'The Fort'
Wondering if he knows the history
Is he one of the sort?
For the doors are long shut
Presmuably he squats inside
As did the old patrons
Chained up for the ride.
Although I never ventured in
I'm told it was hard core
If I ever had
I'd have been too scared for more!
Three skateboarders
Spot him from my bus
Joking about busking
And chucking a quid or two.
Oblivious to what went on inside
If only they knew!
I'm thinking chains, whips
Spanking galore
The one in the middle
Wouldn't mind showing him the score...
That's the beauty of having a dirty mind
You dream of all sorts of things
That you don't want to find...

Dulwich Poet 14th June 2014

(I was on a number one bus, going through Bermondsey, sat upstairs, on my wat to a poetry 'open mic'. We passed the boarded up 'Fort' pub in Bermondsey, and three other passengers spotted a man on the first floor balcony of that building, topless, playing a guitar, like a hippie busker. The Fort was once a bussy, gay pub, behind shutters!)

No comments:

Post a Comment