Tuesday 3 June 2014

"Rich Expectations"

When money's short
And money's tight
Air travel's not a privilege
It should be a right.
So I salute Stelios Easyjet
And even Ryanair
For allowing me to fly
At a reasonable fare.
I wish the moaning middle classes
Would shut their gob
If you get from A to B
They've done their job.
It's not as if you can't afford
To 'upgrade' to B.A.
You're only on my flight
Cos you're too tight to pay.
It's just like a rush hour service
When you take the train
Except you're guaranteed  a seat
So don't be a pain.
The flight's knockdown cheap
So your sandwich comes at a price
Don't blame the trolly dolly
How about try to be nice?
We're only in the air
For an hour & a half
Are you really that hungry
You're having a laugh!
Maybe the airport price
Was too much for you
If McDonalds was too downmarket
Sit there and stew.
I really should speak my mind
And give them a volley
But I don't want to create a scene
For the girl with the trolley.

Dulwich Poet 3rd June 2014

(Once again, while on Easyjet, passengers, who can clearly afford to pay, moaning about the cost of an in-flight sandwich!)

No comments:

Post a Comment