Wednesday 27 March 2013

" Poor Man's Fantasy"

Counting up rolls of money
I came over rather funny
With a strange urge
To throw it all up in the air
Letting it softly land on my hair.
(I'm talking paper notes NOT coins
That would hurt, obviously!)
But stranger than that...
I wondered what it would be like
To stay in a fancy posh West End hotel
And strip naked
Lying on top of a kingsize
Pink and Blue waterbed
With hundreds of tens and twenties
Floating down onto me
In a dream world with
The rent boy of my choice.
Bloody hell! Is that what
Working on a turnstile
Next to Griff does to you?

Dulwich Poet 27th March 2013

(There was double our usual gate at our home match with Maidstone United lat night, 1,073 people. I was the second volunteer on the turnstile, & helped count the money afterwards)

No comments:

Post a Comment