Tuesday 26 March 2013

"Return To Sender"

I got a text this morning
While I was still yawning
Feeling as old as I look
Sitting in a surgery waiting room
While reading a book:
“Love you my gorg woman
Life without you would be so dull xxx”
Fail on all counts
I’m not a bird
No matter what you’ve heard
Calling me ‘gorg’ is insane
Can't even qualify as a plain Jane.
Regarding a dull life..best not ask YOUR first wife.
That’s the problem with modern gadget phones
With their annoying ‘Top of the Pops’ ringtones
Once your text has gone you can’t call it back
A retrieval system is what it lacks.
A hasty bit of damage limitation
Before it goes viral across the nation:
“Just spotted phone has had a mad moment
Needless to say message wasn’t for you or Joes mum”
Phew! Clarification!
Got us out of a sticky situation
That’s a relief
I’d only like you on Hampstead Heath
With my cock down your throat
As you opinionating can get on my goat.
And having your mouth full
Would be the only way to shut you up.

Dulwich Poet 26th March 2013

( A mate from football, who I’ve known all my life, sent me a text earlier, meant for his partner, which he also sent to his ex-wife, in error! )

No comments:

Post a Comment