Thursday 21 March 2013

'Not Worth Two Bob'

Time to go out and celebrate
Georgie Boy Osborne is our mate!
A true budget for the working man
No more supping out of a can
Oh a WHOLE penny off a pint
What a fine sight
Doff my cap to you
Mr. Chancellor!
No matter I can't afford
A loaf of bread
Gotta work til I'm dead
Being evicted because
I've one room too many.
So-with all due respect-
Stuff your penny!
Don't want to be seen as a loser
Popping out to my local boozer
But it's boarded up full of rats
And the next one's converted
To posh yuppie flats.
Too little, too late
What a fucking state.
Can't fool me with your penny off
Toffee nosed scummy Eton toff.
Desperately trying to be nifty
First duty drop since about 1950
All smoke and mirrors
Taking me for a cunt
But I'm not fooled
By your cheap stunt!


Dulwich Poet 21st March 2013

(ConDem coalition Tory chancellor George Osborne knocked a penny off of beer duty in his budget yesterday)

No comments:

Post a Comment