Sunday 3 March 2013

"Hands On"

Much as I try
I’m not quite sure
What you have done wrong.
But it seems you broke
The Cardinal sin
Of groping young men with
A penchant for frocks
Rather than young boys
With miniscule cocks.
All above the age of consent
Not as if you were paying rent
But I can’t condone what you did
If…it’s not what they wanted.
But who knows what goes on
Behind your closed doors
More than praying on your knees
Sliding on polished floors.
I couldn’t care less
Where you lay your hands
It’s just the hypocracy
I can’t stand.
But I really mustn’t grumble
I was brought up with your guilt
While having a fumble.
Your double standards are shocking
Respectable gay folk
You’re always mocking
Just what did you feel like
Deep inside
Knowing you are gay
So much to hide?
Do you really imagine
You’re the only poofta in a robe
There’s thousands of you
Across the globe.
Who knows…maybe Jesus
Christ was one too?
Twelve young men in biblical fable
Breaking his bread at
The Last Supper table.
I hate you Cardinal O’Brien
Because you’re a pious two-faced Jock
Not because you want some cock.

Dulwich Poet 3rd March 2013

(The head of the Roman Catholic Church in Scotland, Cardinal Keith O’Brien, resigned after he admitted making passes and touching young priests in the eighties. He has been a steadfast critic of gay rights)

No comments:

Post a Comment