Wednesday 6 March 2013

"Poetry In Motion"

Selfish, selfish…me,me,ME!
It’s only the sweets I can see
Poetry’s rubbish cos I can’t write
All that clever stuff
Bores me out of sight!
It’s nothing fancy
Just words after words
About anything and nothing at all
The stars, the sky, the sea or birds.
No need to mutter
Just give it a flutter
Let the words flow
From the tip of your pen
If you give it a go
Trust me…you’ll try again.
There’s no need to rhyme
There are NO rules
No right or wrong
So you can’t look like fools.
Just get scribbling
Let the ink flow
Poetry IS the way to go.

Dulwich Poet-5th March 2013

(A colleague at work covered poetry in the library we work in, for his monthly ‘Chatterbooks’ session aimed at primary school kids. He gives them free soft drinks & sweets, paid for out of his own pocket when they attend. I knocked this up on the counter, trying to imagine how they see poetry.)

No comments:

Post a Comment