Wednesday 27 March 2013

"Second Half Team"

Same mistakes
Typical route one
Well the 202
To be factual.
Always the way
When I miss the train
Dash down the road
To make the bus
Take the strain
Knowing full well
No matter what time
You will crawl through Catford
If you move at all.
Then comes the anger
And Resentment
For being such a
Stupid old fool.
It was just fifteen minutes
Until the next train.
Instead of being stuck in traffic
I should be almost there now.
Which explains why
We are a second half team.
Even if the boys are
Three nil up at half time.
It's because I missed it.

Dulwich Poet 27th March 2013

( I just missed a train, & instead of waiting for the next one, I 'convince' myself it will be quicker to be on the move, taking a much slower route, by bus. I was on my way to watch the Youth Team in an afternoon match. It was 0-0 when I got there, we were 1-0 up at half time. In the second half we went 2-1 down, but won 3-2)

No comments:

Post a Comment