Friday 16 August 2013

"Stupid woman"

There is no need
To apologise
For you are not apologetic
Unless you are sorry
For your own stupidity
And ttoal lack of common sense.
Waiting for a washer
You are done.
One by one you fold
Neatly, carefully
Into your suitcase.
Just as well I am
Not in a rush
But I still get wound up.
Is it not too difficult
To have the gumption to realise
That all you have to do
Is empty your machine
Of your garish clothes
And assorted towels
That even Germans would laugh at
And take a simple
Two steps to your left
To allow me to
Wash my spunk stained undies
Among other stuff, too?
I guess it is
As you are a basket case
Even though you cannot work out
How to use one
And I have just wasted
Fifteen minutes of my life.

Dulwich Poet 11th August 2013

(The washing meachines I wanted to use at the laundrette were in use. One woman was emptying hers piece by piece, and folding meticulously, rather than dumping everything into a basket, and letting me put my washing in there.)

No comments:

Post a Comment