Monday 26 August 2013

"T.G.I. Saturday Night"

Ringing the bell
When there's a tip
A song and a dance
With a birthday quip
Packed to the rafters
For an evening meal
You come here by choice
This can't be real!
Can't complain about the food
At least of that I can't be rude
But, dear oh dear
The clientele
It's an upper market
Jeremy Kyle foodie hell!
Is this supposed to be
An American diner?
Hope I don't sound like
An old Limey whiner
Give me a grimy
Formica topped
Greasy spoon over this
Even a midnight at Morleys
Would seem like bliss!
Service is quicker
And you can't go wrong
Where there's no nearby waiter
To burst into song.
Don't misunderstand
I loved my steak
It was just the atmosphere
That was so fake.
For proper food
Without the show
Your pie and mash shop
Is the place to go!

Dulwich Poet 26th August 2013

( Friends of mine came up to London with their little boy to watch football. After the game they took me to a
T.G.I. Friday's
restaurant, near Leicester Square, in central London. I hadn't been to one before...)

No comments:

Post a Comment