Wednesday 28 August 2013

"Texting Rhyme"

Banter in modern parlance
I text Callum
About the game-
He's addicted to obscurity.
He calls me dude,
Then I think he's rude
By saying he's waiting
For the poem.
Or at least baiting.
Little does he know
That I'm giving it a go
Already writing on the bus.
Back to the station
For me to share with
Erm, you and the nation.
As the old saying goes
Perfect for this prose...
Watch this space!

Oh, the things I do for him
If only....

Dulwich Poet 28th August 2013

(I was on the way home from British Airways versus Indian Gymkhana, a very minor non-league game, & I texted the score to a friend, who goes to a lot more of these type of games than me. He texted me back, asking if I was going to write a poem about it...spookily I was, and interupted it to write this!)

No comments:

Post a Comment