Saturday 11 January 2014

"All The Fun of the Barnet Fair"

When I go to the barbers
It’s a number one
Not that it’s cheaper to get done.
At the most  I’ll splash out
A tenner
With nothing fancy
Like mousse or henna.
A closely cropped short is easy to do
Plus I then save a fortune
Not needing shampoo.
Now I don’t expect Mr. Cameron
To lose his locks
Him going bald
Would cause a few shocks.
“Cancer chic” is hardly the rage
Even in this day and age.
Could be he’s missed a trick
At the dispatch box
Instead of his policies
Headlines would be shorn locks.
His well coiffeured hair
Sums up all that is wrong
When he gives his barber
A New Years gong!
When he gets it done
It’s hardly cheap
Ninety quid a time
For the smarmy creep.
What on earth
Makes a trim worth that price
I’d expect something chucked in
That’s extra nice
Not just something
‘For the weekend’
That packet of three
At that price I’d expect
A blow job thrown in for free!

Dulwich Poet 11th January 2014

(I wrote this after it was recently announced that the stylist who cuts Prime Minister David Cameron’s hair,  Lino Carbosiero, was awarded an MBE in the recent New Years Honours list, and that Cameron pays £90 to get his hair cut by him)

No comments:

Post a Comment