Wednesday 8 January 2014

"Queer Zine"

It's a word.
One that I hate
So out of date
But reclaimed
And named
As a label
Of our own.
My word of choice
Is the one
That gave us a voice
But now means anything but.
How gay is that?
Whatever you use
However you say
The one thing I am
Is proud to be gay.
It's what often defines
The poetry I write
And takes over my thoughts
When I wank late at night.
And now I'm inspired
Though I never will
Lacking in confidence
Or spare time to kill.
Planning my 'Queer Zine'
In my head
Without a clue
How to distribute
Or make sure it's read.
Add in some football
With observations of life
Sureptitiously photocopied
And I might find a gay wife!
I'm not being unkind
When I say I'm no catch
Might just showcase my 'mind'
And find a fella to match!

Dulwich Poet 8th January 2014

( There was a free event at the Poetry Library tonight, about the publishing of 'Queer Zines'...who knows, maybe one day I shall publish a zine of my own poetry!)

No comments:

Post a Comment