Friday 31 January 2014

"Facebook Statusing"

(This is a Facebook status from a friend of mine, Ian Gannon, with responses from myself, and another friend, Andrew Tucker)

Ian:
I have one poem this month from a judge

You stand before me today
For crimes you have to pay
Your in the dock giving it large
But I find you guilty as charged


...poetic justice
— with Dulwich Poet


Me:
Not a bad rhyme
But what was the crime?
So stop being a tease
And tell me please!



Ian:
The defendant had no class
The ball to me he refused to pass.


Me:
That's because you're a greedy git
And also one who's never fit
Only had a hat-trick up at Alloa
Cos everyone else was a shower
Celebrating with tatties and mince
Dining out ever since!




Andrew:
 Gordon Bennett. Whats all this?
Gannon with a poetry diss?
I thought he'd have a little more class,
still Dulwich Poet has kicked his arse!
 
Ian:
I refused to be drawn into these limericks (that usually upsets poets )
 
Andrew:
Refuse to be drawn into limericks?
Typical Gooner with his smarmy tricks.
Just because he knows hes beat.

Left the kitchen cos he can't take the heat!
 

Ian:
I just can't think of anything that rhymes with tucker !
 


Me:

Plenty of things rhyme with Tucker
But I'm not being drawn in like a sucker
Just glad of his support as an old mucker

And unlike Gannon his rhymes are pukka!
 
Dulwich Poet 31st January 2014
 
(As stated at the top, a mate of mine, using my real name on Facebook, tried some poetry banter with me. I responded and Andy joined in. A bit of nonsense really, but why not?)


No comments:

Post a Comment