Sunday 5 January 2014

"Hardcore"

I wouldn't say I'm a Luddite
I move with the times
But still owning a cassette player
Is one of my crimes.
so please forgive me
If I can't get to grips
With the multitude of
Modern gadgetry tricks.
If I want to hear chat
I tune into L.B.C.
A bit of this and that
Will do for me.
Trying to confuse me
With a modern podcast
A passing fad
That surely won't last.
Two blokes talking chewing the fat
Can there be anything
More destined to fall flat?
I can't believe
Something so absurd works
With the duo who host it
Not even jerks.
Well maybe a little
As I find comics nerdy
But they could throw it back
With my crap poetic wordy.
So credit where credit's due
Achieving what they set out to do
They were a success
On their live episode tonight
If I may say so
A positive YES!
Now a hundred not out
Ignored by those with power
No telegram from the Queen
At least no spell in the Tower.
To get this far
Must be hard to achieve
So a pat on the back
To Jack and Steve.
Despite their royal snub
It was great in the Kings Head
Time to put my reservations
Truly to bed.
So it's WWW dot
South London Hardcore dot com
Get off this Facebook
And put their show on.

Dulwich Poet 5th January 2014

(A fellow Dulwich Hamlet fan's son has been doing a weekly podcast with one of his mates. Earlier tonight they did a special live recording for their 100th episode in the upstairs room of a pub off of Borough High Street. Not only was it free, it was really entertaining, so listen in!)

No comments:

Post a Comment