Monday 13 January 2014

"Getting Off"

Such a simple request
Excuse me please
Don’t just stand there
Look at me and freeze.
I know the train is packed
You know the train is packed
As you are the one
 By the bloody  door!
I realise we’re crushed
Like battery hens on a farm
Not my intention
To cause alarm
And I don’t mean to cluck
But are you really that stupid
WHAT THE FUCK!
One step off is all it takes
To allow me on the platform
That’s the space it makes
Then you can get back on
Your rush hour train
And not look at me
As if I’m insane.
So use your brain
And some common sense
So I don’t have to swear and push
Which causes you offence.

Dulwich Poet 13th January 2014

(It really annoys me, when trying to get off a packed train to work, when I’m standing by the door, then ask the person right in front of the door to move, and like the stupid woman this morning, they look and you, and say  they can’t move. And then get the hump when I respond “Just step on the platform, you fucking idiot!”)

No comments:

Post a Comment