Saturday 6 April 2013

"Opposites"

The delights of the non-rush hour train
Working Saturdays
Has it’s compensations.
Like the drop dead gorgeous
Boy opposite.
Blond bleached hair
I’m no fashionista
Don’t know what you call it
Trimmed designer stubble
Way out of my league-
Even if I could knock off
A quarter century from my age.
Thankfully I’ve got my notebook
So am snatching glances
Rather than staring
Into his eyes
Which are hidden
Behind his shades.
His headphones in
So he can’t hear my thoughts.
His legs are crossed
So I can’t see
What I’m imagining
Bag acting as his table
As his half  gloved fingers
Tippity tap away
At his youthful
Computer phone device.
I know where I really want to be
As-even at my age-
I’m getting a funny feeling down below.
You glance over the carriage
Absent mindedly
Those lips turn upwards
From one of the corners
Into that cute half grin.
I like to think it’s because
You’re telepathic
And can read my thoughts
But in reality
You’ve just got a high score
On your computer game
And haven’t noticed me
....Never will.
I hate young men like you
Said without any malice
For it just makes me
Look back at myself
And realise…
How I’ve wasted my life.
But enough of that
Don’t spoil the moment
Fucking hell…
He just yawned!
Ooh…open wide!
I wish I had the balls…
To get my…camera out
So I could always
Have your image
In my memory bank
Instead of fading
When I next wank.
Wherever you’re going
Thank you for getting on my train
Even though I got on after you.
Shit! Here’s my stop!
One last peek
Through the window
Of a London Overground train
Standing on the platform
Of Surrey Quays Station
With you totally oblivious to the fact
You are what my dreams are made of.

Dulwich Poet 6th April 2013

(My usual train journey to work, they are not packed on Saturdays, when I sat down there was a beautiful young man sat opposite…)

No comments:

Post a Comment