Monday 1 April 2013

"Rivals"

What a great day
What more can you say?
We didn't just win
We won in style
Kings of the terrace
By a proverbial mile.
I'm often asked why I hate
Even though it's been
Tamer of late.
Just something handed down
Fan to fan
Only a true football supporter
Can truly understand.
Days like this are
What I live for
Deeply embedded in
My heart's core.
Our fanbase has certainly changed
More middle class that's for sure.
I can cope with that
If that's how our terrace has evolved
Give me that over the
Racist cowards of my childhood
From where I stood.
Of the 'nouveau' youth
I'm not too keen
As they also Crystal Palace preen
Even though they're Eagles' shit
I'm warming the them quite a bit.
We're still led by us Council Estate boys
Just boosted by drums & their smoke bomb toys.
We didn't just outsing them
Outnumber them
Outclass them
Out fucking EVERYTHING them
We took the piss
Not a derby day
For anyone to miss.
(Though are any?)
Inside I felt ever so proud
Not that I was going to shout it loud.
Payback time was personally sweet
A bit of 'revenge' when they turned up the heat
We took the piss at either end
Driving their stewards round the bend!
As the night wore on
I felt rather sad
And my thoughts were
Darkeningly bad
I had to stay sober
And not get pissed
The drunken cameradarie
I desperately missed.
But I've beaten my demons
Just as we beat them
On days like this
I'm innerly smug
Knowing I've avenged
Every tooting mug.
The ones who chased me across Figges Marsh
And down the railway for a laugh
At their cup final gave me a slap
Thanks to K's fans for getting me
Out of that mishap!
They've posted dog waste through my door
And knocked me down to the floor.
It's not all been one way in the past
I've got them back...sometimes fast.
But Saturday's 'gloating' revenge
Is oh so sweet
I've got them back
And had them beat.
Psychologically in their head
We totally left them for dead.
It's swings and roundabouts
Ups and downs
But there's always one thing
I've got over those clowns:
This would really make them curse and bitch
I once broke into their old ground
And shit on their pitch!

Dulwich Poet 1st April 2013

(Saturday 30th March 2013. Ryman League Division One South. Tooting & Mitcham United 0, Dulwich Hamlet 2. They are our arch rivals, & I hate them with a vengeance. we took over 200 supporters to the game, to have almost half the crowd.)

No comments:

Post a Comment