Wednesday 24 April 2013

"Unclean"

Moving toward
The back of the upper deck
Mistake!
I can see it's empty
But haven't seen why
My nose tells me though
Old Boy dirty clothes
Unwashed
Battered trainers
With holes in.
That was me just over
A decade ago
Except I was a lot younger
Though my body was as old as
That chap is now.
Right now
This very moment
I am not thinking
"What a pen and ink",
"Have a wash",
Or simply "You smelly cunt!"
No, I am not judging
But in contemplation
Rather than indignation
Simply grateful
That the drunk on the bus
Is no longer me.

Dulwich Poet 24th April 2013

( I am an alcoholic, sober for nearly eleven years. In my bad drinking days I hardly washed, & could stink out buses like a man did on the 176 bus earlier this evening. He acted as if he was 'normal', just like I used to...)

No comments:

Post a Comment